IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) can target the hair follicles, providing a great way to reduce the hair on virtually any part of your body.
Frequently Asked Questions about IPL Hair Reduction:
Am I a candidate for IPL Hair Reduction?
This particular hair reduction method is not suited for all skin types. The ideal candidate is someone with dark hair and fair skin.
What do I need to do before my Hair Reduction?
- Do not tweeze or wax area to be treated for 4 weeks prior
- Hair reduction cannot be performed on sun burned or tanned skin. This includes tans from tanning beds. Self-tanner should be discontinued for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- The area being treated must be shaved the day before
- Discontinue any topical prescriptions (Retin-a, Differin, Triluma etc…) 5 days prior to treatment
- Discontinue Accutane for a minimum of 6 months
How many treatments are required for optimal results?
We recommend 8 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart depending on the area being treated.
Do I need to have maintenance treatments?
Maintenance treatments are recommended at intervals of about once every 6 months, or as required.
Is it painful?
Most patients describe the hair reduction as a rubber band snap against the skin. Numbing cream may be administered prior depending on the area being treated.
To schedule your Hair Reduction treatments, click here or call 212-289-1851