Motif Vantage Laser Hair Reduction
The Motif Vantage hair reduction system from Syneron-Candela is among the most effective laser systems available. The procedure provides a great way to reduce the hair on virtually any part of your body. Say goodbye to unwanted hair!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hair Reduction:
Am I a candidate for Laser Hair Reduction?
This particular hair reduction method is not suited for all skin types. The ideal candidate is someone with dark hair and fair skin.
What do I need to do before my Hair Reduction?
- Do not tweeze or wax area to be treated for 4 weeks prior
- Hair reduction cannot be performed on sun burned or tanned skin. This includes tans from tanning beds. Self-tanner should be discontinued for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- The area being treated must be shaved the day before
- Discontinue any topical prescriptions (Retin-a, Differin, Triluma etc…) 5 days prior to treatment
- Discontinue Accutane for a minimum of 6 months
How many treatments are required for optimal results?
We recommend 6-8 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart depending on the area being treated.
Do I need to have maintenance treatments?
Maintenance treatments are recommended at intervals of about once every 6 months, or as required.
Is the treatment painful?
Most patients describe the hair reduction as a rubber band snap against the skin. Numbing cream may be administered prior depending on the area being treated.
To schedule your skin care analysis and treatments with Amanda, click here or call 212-289-1851