TRUSCULPT ID: DEFINING YOUR BODY ID WITH PERSONALIZED BODY SCULPTING.
The body you want, down to the last curve.
Schulman Plastic Surgery is proud to offer truSculpt® iD, a revolutionary non-surgical, body-sculpting treatment that allows you to personalize your ideal body in as little as one 15-minute treatment. truSculpt iD is a safe and effective technology that is clinically proven to permanently eliminate fat cells in stubborn areas around your abdomen and flanks. With truSculpt iD, you can get the body definition you want, even in areas that have been resistant to diet and exercise. It also offers the ability to improve the results of more invasive procedure such as liposuction.
HOW IT WORKS?
- truSculpt iD uses innovative Monopolar RF technology to selectively target fat and therapeutically heat it.
- The radio frequency energy generates heat which irreversibly injures fat cells causing them to die.
- The injured fat cells are eliminated by passing through the body naturally.
- Average of 24% fat reduction is achieved in just one treatment.
- Results are generally seen 6 to 8 weeks after the treatment.
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT THAN OTHER BODY SCULPTING PROCEDURES?
- truSculpt iD uses radio frequency energy, which is not unique to the system. However, several technological advances have been made which thereby allows this energy to be used more effectively than similar treatments on the market.
- This procedure is versatile and effective to treat a wide range of patients who may not be a candidate for other contouring procedures due to treatment location, skin type, fat thickness and presence of skin laxity.
- The treatment has minimal discomfort and has been compared to a hot stone massage.
- There is no visible downtime after the procedure and normal activity can be resumed immediately.
- The treatment time is dependent on the treatment size and how many areas are treated. Total treatment time is typically 15 to 30 minutes to treat the abdomen and flanks.
- Typically, only 1 treatment is needed. Maximum results are visible after 6-8 weeks. Additional treatments may be requested to achieve the personalized results you desire.
Your truSculpt iD treatment consultant can provide all the details you need to make an informed decision about the procedure.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is truSculpt iD®?
truSculpt iD is the latest radio frequency technology design to permanently reduce areas of fat throughout your body. Utilizes radio frequency energy, which heats up fat cells, and causes irreversible damage to the fat cells which allows these fat cells to be removed naturally from the body over 6 to 8 weeks.
What areas can be treated with truSculpt iD?
Originally the system was designed only to treat the abdomen and flanks. However, changes in the design now allow us to treat virtually any part of the body. This includes the abdomen, flanks, back, thighs, arms, Chin, or any other area where you have excess fat that you would like removed.
Am I a candidate for truSculpt iD?
Because truSculpt iD is a customized and tailored treatment to meet individual needs, most adult men and women are a candidate. Basically, if there are areas of excess fat, then you are a candidate.
Will the results be as good as surgical liposuction?
No. Surgical liposuction still remains the gold standard for removing excess and stubborn areas of fat from your body. Surgical liposuction can eliminate anywhere between 80 to 90% of fat cells in the area. However, surgical liposuction is at the very least, minimally invasive. This means that some form of anesthesia is required and small surgical incisions are required. There is also the normal recovery time associated with liposuction. Most people report bruising and swelling for several weeks after a liposuction procedure, with some amount of swelling persisting for several months. Again, liposuction is an excellent way to shape the body and remove areas of excess fat. TruSculpt iD represents a way to get some of the results that you see would liposuction, but without the requirement for anesthesia and recovery. While liposuction may remove 80 to 90% of fat cells in the area, truSculpt iD has been shown to remove up to 24% of fat cells in those areas with one single 15-minute noninvasive treatment.
Can truSculpt iD be used on all skin types?
Yes, this treatment can be done on all skin types and over tattoos.
How long does a treatment take?
Procedure time depends on the size and number of treatment areas. It typically takes 15 to 30 minutes to treat the abdomen and flanks.
How many treatments will be needed?
Multiple areas can be treated in as little as one 15-minute session. The 24% reduction in the appearance of fat was demonstrated after a single treatment. This means that additional benefit may be gained from additional treatments. Additional treatments may be required to achieve the personalized results you desire.
What will the treatment feel like?
truSculpt iD procedures are typically described as feeling like a hot stone massage. During treatment, the temperature of your skin will rise but remain comfortable. Patients tolerate procedure extremely well.
Is there really no downtime?
There is really no downtime. After the treatment you may feel that the area that was treated remains slightly red and warm for several hours. However, there are absolutely no restrictions, and you can return to normal activities, work, and even exercise the very same day. This is the type of procedure that people can have done on their lunch break.
When will I see results?
Because the results are dependent on the fat cells being injured and then eliminated from the body during a natural process, it does take time to see your final results. Most people report seeing results around 3 to 4 weeks after the treatment. We advised people that their final results will take 6 to 8 weeks to be visible. At that time, you can decide whether or not you are happy with the results you achieved for you would like to have another treatment to improve your results.
What is the cost of the treatment?
Because of the treatment is specifically dependent on the size of the area being treated. Treatment requires use of individual panels. So, the cost of it is determined by how many panels you require. After your consultation he will be able to know exactly how many panels you require, and therefore how much your treatment will cost. Overall, the cost is a very small fraction of what liposuction to the area would cost.
Set up your consultation
Contact us today to schedule your consultation to see if truSculpt treatment is right for you and your needs. Occasionally, people who desire a non-invasive fat removal procedure will be better candidates for minimally invasive liposuction.