FACIAL FILLERS NEW YORK CITY
Facial fillers are commonly used to improve someone’s appearance. There are several reasons why someone may choose facial fillers. One reason is to restore volume that is commonly lost during the aging process. Fat loss can result in hollowing of the cheeks, the temples, and the lips. Therefore, it is common to add volume back to those areas to give a more youthful appearance, and facial fillers are ideal for this purpose.
Another reason to explore the use of fillers is to make changes to features that you were born with. For example, if you want to have stronger cheekbones, fillers can be used to enlarge and define your cheekbones. Fillers can be a nice alternative to a chin implant if you have a smaller or weak appearing chin. Also, if you have thin lips, fillers can be used to plump and reshape your lips.
Some of the most common reasons someone would be interested in facial fillers include:
- Restore volume that is lost with aging and weight loss
- Create high cheekbones and stronger facial features
- Enlarge and define the chin
- Plump lips and create a “pouty look”
- Fill lines and wrinkles
- Reduce the appearance of depressed scars
Facial rejuvenation using facial fillers can produce remarkable results. When performed by an experienced injector like Dr. Schulman and his team. You can change the appearance of your face and get a more useful and refreshed appearance without surgery. These procedures are performed in the office with minimal discomfort and very little recovery. In most instances you can return to normal activity immediately.
Dr. Schulman is among the most experienced injectors, having published articles about his advanced techniques in the most respected medical journals. He is often asked to teach other physicians his techniques, which includes a bruise-free method of injection from the inside of the mouth. This intra-oral injection technique was featured on THE Doctors TV Show.
The advantages of facial fillers include a temporary but affordable way to rejuvenate your aging face. Dr. Schulman chooses from a variety of facial fillers depending on your specific needs. Every filler has unique advantages and disadvantages, and Dr. Schulman will discuss with you what he thinks is best. Some fillers are thicker, and some are thinner. This difference in viscosity makes different fillers better for different parts of the face. It is common for Dr. Schulman may recommend a combination of different fillers, depending on your particular needs. Fillers may be combined with other treatments like Botox, chemical peels, and lasers.
While fillers can never replace a surgical facelift, Dr. Schulman has developed his own method for a non-surgical facelift using a variety of facial fillers. This is a very good option for younger patients who have early signs of facial aging but are not quite ready for an invasive surgical facelift.
Some of the fillers that Dr. Schulman and his team may use on you include:
- Juvederm® Family: Juvederm is a soft Hyaluronic Acid filler, used to fill lines, wrinkles, scars, and to augment cheeks and lips. Juvederm, is offered in a variety of consistencies, and results can last around 9 months.
- Restylane® Family: Restylane is a soft Hyaluronic Acid filler, used to fill lines, wrinkles, scars, and to augment cheeks and lips. There are several varieties of Restylane in various thicknesses. The results can last around 9 months.
- Belotero®: Belotero is a thinner Hyaluronic Acid filler and has shown advantages when treating fine superficial lines in areas of thin skin. The results can last around 9 months.
- Radiesse®: Radiesse is a calcium based filler used to fill lines, wrinkles, scars, and to add volume to the cheeks and face. The results can last around 12 months.
- Sculptra®: Sculptra, a synthetic Poly-L-lactic acid, is designed as a facial volumizer, adding the volume back to the face that was lost during the aging process or after weight loss. Sculptra is unique in that it stimulates formation of the body’s own collagen to correct the deficiency, making the correction completely natural. Full correction with Sculptra is gradual and will take several treatments, but the results can last over 2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I know if I am a candidate for facial fillers?
Because there is such a variety of facial fillers and uses, virtually anyone want something filled or plumped is a candidate for facial fillers. At your consultation it will be determined exactly what filler is best for you and what location for injection is best.
Does it hurt?
Fillers are injected using small needles so there might be some slight discomfort. However, fillers contain numbing medicine inside to reduce any pain. We can also apply topical numbing cream to your skin prior to the injections. Most people find that the treatment is extremely well tolerated.
Is there any downtime?
There is no significant downtime however some bruising and swelling can be expected with injections depending on the amount of filler used and the location in which it is injected. You can return to normal activities right away however we would recommend no strenuous activity for 1 to 2 days in order to decrease the risk of bruising and swelling.
Can fillers be combined with other treatments?
Yes. In fact, it is very common for fillers to be used together with other treatments for facial rejuvenation. These treatments include Botox, chemical peels, and lasers. Remember fillers only fill. So, if you have other issues with your face or skin, then other treatments would be indicated.
What is the cost of facial fillers?
The cost is specifically determined by the type of filler used in the amount of filler required. Fillers come in syringes. Most commonly, the fees are determined on a per-syringe basis. At your consultation your injector will be able to tell you how many syringes he or she thinks he’s required to meet your needs.
If I start doing fillers, will I need to do it forever?
Not necessarily. Having fillers injected does not cause any premature aging of your face. When the filler disappears, your face will go back to the way it was before the fillers were used. This means that if you have an ear of your face injected, and then you stop getting injections, the improvement will also go away. So, while you do not need to continue with the injections, it is likely that you will want to.
Is it common to have different fillers used at the same time?
That would not be uncommon. Every filler is slightly different. Some fillers are thicker and some fillers are thinner. This means that some fillers are better suited for certain parts of the face. Therefore, it would not be unusual to receive a thinner filler under the eyes but a thicker filler in the lips.
If you were interested in learning more about facial fillers and how they can benefit you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Schulman in his New York City office. Schedule a Consultation.